Skip to main content

Merry Christmas

 

2020 tried but we bad, you can’t kill us.

If this year has taught me anything it’s that we must really appreciate everything we have regardless of where we wish we were or where we wish we could be. The way life has been life’ing this year has really highlighted my personal growth and cemented more of what I want to aspire to in this life.

We have loved and lost. We have mourned. We have grown. We wish things could have happened differently but despite all of this, we are still alive. The little things really go a long way and we are so so blessed to be in the positions we are in; food on the table, a roof over our heads and loved ones around us. I know this isn’t the same for everyone and I hope and pray God shields and guides those who have been hit with hardship this year.

I remember before I graduated, I was like yep, I’m gonna move here, gonna get a job here, gonna do this and this, but they say when you make plans God laughs and that could not have been any more applicable to this year. All the plans and adventures we had planned time last year are now something else to look forward to; divine timing. Nevertheless, I hope this can be a time where you can reflect on your growth and personal development even if things didn’t go the way you wanted them to and I hope all the trials and tribulations have led you to look at the lessons of life and appreciate yourself a little more.  

I hope those are reading this can see themselves in the same warm light that others see you and I hope you can realise just how special you are. It might have felt like the world was gonna end this year but you are doing amazing sweetie and the best is really yet to come.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and I hope the New Year is filled with infinite love and light.

 

NIGGA WE MADE IT!

Also shoutout Kylie Jenner coz every year is really a year of realising things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lockdown 2.0

  Happy first day of lockdown 2.0. This is just a reminder to not let red back pack twitter convince you that you need to have saved 5k by the time this lockdown is over; or have anyone tell you a full face and not going anywhere isn't allowed; or that you need to be doing the most. Shit is about to get so tight for some of us if it isn’t already and I just wanna let you know that you set your own pace and you don’t owe strangers on the internet a thing in the world. I also want to express my forever escalating concern for mental health and the ways in which this second lockdown might contribute to deterioration. You are never alone in the way that you feel, and you are also entitled to feel the way that you do. I know sometimes issues and feelings seem so insignificant because “other people have it worse” but it’s not a competition. A problem is still a problem and your feelings are still your feelings, nobody can ever take that away from you. If you are struggling please co...

It is what it is.

  It is what it is. Shit happens and then you die, but what matters is how you live your live in between. Sometimes shit hurts, sometimes we lose people, sometimes we can smile about the small things in life. It hurts to lose friends, break up with your significant other or coming to terms with things you thought you’d never have to deal with. In some ways what’s most painful is that it’s inevitable; it’s part of growing pains. Eventually we all learn to live without the people we thought we could never live without. We meet new people who make up for the pain we once felt. I try and find lessons in everything that happens to me because as I've learnt in this life, I can't come and kill myself for things I can't change. I know sometimes nature just naturally runs its course and you grow out of doing certain things and or people and eventually God will put new things and new people in place of the past, but it doesn’t mean it’s any less painful or difficult to move on fr...

Boys need love too.

It’s a shame that society has – in some ways – taught us that men can’t show emotion; socialisation has taught men that bottling everything up is essentially the only way to keep it moving, which in turn has led to men and boys finding other, unhealthy forms of therapy.   As I’ve mentioned before, African households are not, (generally speaking), households which are open to conversations surrounding mental health and most definitely not open to conversations surrounding the mental health of black men and boys. From experience and observation, this dismissal of discussion can very often mean that men don’t feel it safe for them to express their feelings towards something or someone without the fear of being judged or criticised for being too ‘sensitive’. I feel as though the Black community are often very quick to dismiss any real conversation about Black men and mental health and a lot of the time I find that incorrect assumptions are made before any progression for conceptualis...